
I've checked out. Atleast for the next few days. Don't take it personal. My stress level has just risen to an uncomfortable level, and I need some time to pull back together. There are a few reasons I have been stressed but I don't feel the need to advertise them for all of the Internet Planet to see. One thing I will share that is a trigger is my new puppy. She is ADORABLE and I already love her dearly. However, she is WORK! duh. I forgot how much work it is to have a dog. She is like another child. She alwaaaaays has to be near me, and whether it be a dog or a person I don't do "needy" very well. Not because I feel like being a B, I just really don't do it very well. I am easily stressed out and I just like/need to keep the flow constant not up and down. Today Mia was actually holding me on the bed. I was laying here watching televison and Mia was behind me on her side with her long lab arm and her sweet little paw on my shoulder. Okay, so that was kinda cute, but does she always have to be touching me??? I guess the answer is yes. Last night Iasked John if we made a mistake in getting her, and he said to me..."What, one little sign of trouble and you are ready to give up?" Well that kinda hit like a ton of bricks. It made me realize that I absolutely unattach from anyone/thing causing me stress. It is almost as if it is a natural reaction for my body. She is such a different dog than Mason. I guess no dog will ever live up to him in my eyes. I know yall all thought he was crazy, AND I KNOW HE WAS, but he was my dog. And we were so close. I know I sound like a nut job right now but we WERE close. I had him when I was diagnosed with Lupus and he always laid by my side. I cried, he was there, I hurt, he was there. One time I hurt my ankle and he sat right there next to me until I could get up. He growled at anyone he thought was trying to hurt me. He just loved me so, and was so loyal. And I loved him. I know, I know, he was a dog. But we were together for 5 years, almost 6. I still miss him, and just don't know if I am capable of loving another dog the way that I love Mason. I am willing to try though. So I am sticking it out with Mia and taking the time to figure out our growing family. She is a great addition like I said before, now I just need to ponder how to make it "work" with the least amount of stress for all of us...but especially me.
Quote of the day ~
"Don't write what in reality you are not ready to face"
AR
No comments:
Post a Comment