
I think it is strange how old memories feel the need to surface. Every once in a while I start "Googling" people, or...lets just face it...INTERNET STALKING people. I dunno why but I will start thinking about someone from the past and it will get the best of me. Whether it be an old friend, old boyfriend or coworker it consumes me. I am so content in my current life so it absolutely throws me that I will think about these "past" things with such umph.
I mean, by the time I finally met John I was 27. As a result of that I had alot of years of being single which equals alot of living. There are people that I knew that really tried to help me and take care of me. I was so unbelievably lost that I was absoultely NOT going to be saved, but they did not see it that way and their loyalty makes me smile. Then there are the people who "left" me in those single years and looking back I can both see why they left and also appreciate the anger I felt that they would leave me. And now I look back and say...well it was your loss.
There are many people who come into our lives for a specific reason or for a season and I am not sure if we ever know why. I think once a person has done all they can do for you, and you for them it is time to move on and that person just goes away. I am not sure if there are chance meetings. Seems I have learned a lesson or TEN from everyone I have ever known.
I am down to a bare minimum as far as people who are active in my world and I prefer it to be this way. It is cozier and safer, if you will. So I guess I should just leave the past in the past regardless of how many 10 year later "thank you's" that I want to hand out. I believe somewhere in their hearts, they know that I am thankful, atleast I hope they do.
I mean, by the time I finally met John I was 27. As a result of that I had alot of years of being single which equals alot of living. There are people that I knew that really tried to help me and take care of me. I was so unbelievably lost that I was absoultely NOT going to be saved, but they did not see it that way and their loyalty makes me smile. Then there are the people who "left" me in those single years and looking back I can both see why they left and also appreciate the anger I felt that they would leave me. And now I look back and say...well it was your loss.
There are many people who come into our lives for a specific reason or for a season and I am not sure if we ever know why. I think once a person has done all they can do for you, and you for them it is time to move on and that person just goes away. I am not sure if there are chance meetings. Seems I have learned a lesson or TEN from everyone I have ever known.
I am down to a bare minimum as far as people who are active in my world and I prefer it to be this way. It is cozier and safer, if you will. So I guess I should just leave the past in the past regardless of how many 10 year later "thank you's" that I want to hand out. I believe somewhere in their hearts, they know that I am thankful, atleast I hope they do.
Quote of the day:
"Damaged people are dangerous because they know they can survive"
1 comment:
i'm not done with you either...ily!
Post a Comment