Friday, August 22, 2008

My Family

So I am up early with a bout of insomnia that came on at about 6am. To my left is my Daughter and beside her is my Husband. I have been so blessed. Sofia is wearing her pink monkey pj pants and her blue "I love my flower garden"night shirt. She is curled up touching her Daddy's back just sleeping away. John is as still as a log sleeping so peacefully. I have the best family. There is such unconditional love.

It's the little things. Like every night when we put Sofia to bed...She runs from us, saying..."I don't want to do the toothbrush tango" when we are trying to brush her teeth. Or when John is trying to watch televison and I am all up in his face poking at him and messing, asking him if I am annoying, etc...and he gently takes his hand and pushes my face on his chest to keep me from annoying him while he is watching t.v. And the way Sofia always has to give me "10 kisses"and count what # kiss that was after each one. It's her saying "I Need You" when she comes and crawls in bed with me at night. It's her dressing herself every day,and how proud she is to say she did it ALL BY HERSELF. I am 32, and it STILL feels good to say/know I did something all by myself.

It's the way John puts up with me. Like yesterday...I was instructed to go over and "clean" the house...Clean, that's all. But being who I am, I started poking around. Well one thing led to another and I had pulled up the tile to reveal the hard wood floor. Well, only some of the tile. I also killed the bathroom light. I felt like an electrician for a minute, I guess...So by the time I was done I pretty much destroyed the tile and left the bathroom light hanging by a string. All John said to me was, "Well you got yourself in some troule didn't you." I told him it will look really nice when HE is done...

It's John and his Girls. Sofia, Me, Mom and Mia. I don't think he would have it any other way. I keep reminding him that one day Sofia will be 14 then 18, 21, 24...etc. There will be heart breaks, proms, phone time, boyfriends<----when she is 30...lol, etc. She is always going to have our hearts one step above a stumble.

This is the world we have created. The world that we have made our Home. It isn't always perfect, but it is always real.

No comments: