No comments on this one, unless of course you agree : 0....I am not trying to be controversial I just want to vent a little. I have recently received quite a bit of criticism over the fact that I am voting for Obama. I don't talk about politics at all. I don't want to discuss it, but this just has to be said. I never considered myself a Democrat until this election. I thought I was definitely an Independent in my thinking, and even saw some Republican here and there.
I guess it is my age but this election has been all too consuming to me. We need change. Who the heck can't see that? This World has been dragged down, and in case anyone has had their eyes closed the rest of the world hates us. When I say we need change I don't mean...more of the same. I don't mean the promise of change and ....no deliverance of that promise. I don't mean...I will just say it, another rich white guy in the White House. How ignorant do you have to be to not want Obama in the White House because he is black. Educate yourself because if that is your sole reason for not voting for him you absolutely sound like a moron. If you firmly believe he is not the right man for the job based on your research that is one thing, but if it is because he is black that is another!
Like I said I did not really see myself as a democrat. I do now. Not to say I won't vote the other side. I voted for George W, twice. I will cross party lines if that means more good for our country, or most important, my Child.
I find it quite intriguing that most Republicans if not all are good ole country boys who believe in the right to life but will hunt animals with no second thought. Why? An animal has a heart beat too. Granted, an animal is not a human...but it is still alive. Do they see themselves as superior to the animals and that makes it okay to kill them? How much ignorance and self loathing does that take?
So if a woman is raped by a man with HIV and finds out the baby is infected she cannot terminate the pregnancy? But, that same day 1000 deer can be killed or black bears or turkeys, etc...without ANY rhyme or reason? Maybe one might say they are controlling the population. Why? Who are WE to invade their homes, build on them, and then claim they need to die so we can control the population? That just doesn't make sense to me.
FDR created social security. Thank the Lord above that he did! If it wasn't for him my Mother would be in big trouble. But because FDR took the time to legislate for Social Security, to protect all people, and especially the disabled she is able to live.
Neither party in my opinion has done enough to bring about recognition for Mental Illness or Mental Retardation. I have built my career around MH/MR and the system is frightening. Sarah Palin's son has a type of MR and NOW there is an advocate in our corner? NO! There should have been one there a loooong time ago. They think just because they have mostly done away with State Schools and implicated community integration for people with MR they have done right by them. No! Open your eyes. They are not in good living conditions, and there are not funds appropriated to help them maintain even a decent quality of life. $8.00 an hour to a high school drop out to take care of these people is unacceptable. Open your eyes government, and get to work. And don't just get to work because Sarah Palin brought it to your attention. And that goes for you too Barack Obama.
Health Care is an issue. I have Lupus, and there is no insuring me folks. I didn't CHOOSE to have Lupus but I pay $700.00 a month in health care for COBRA coverage that I have no idea when it runs out. Who can afford that? We are not the McCain's after all. We are the Richardson's. A White Middle of the Road family who is God and Family loving, and just wants to raise a nice normal healthy family, spiritually, mentally and physically. WHY do we need to live with a bill like this when we have mouths to feed just because I have come down with a disease that has threatened more than once to take my life. It isn't fair. Barack Obama wants to create a government funded health care program. The Republicans are against that. They think a 5K tax credit is enough. Again, open your eyes. And not only that, have a little compassion. Does anyone remember what that is anymore?
Barack Obama's associations are being questioned. So this has driven on to include his morals, values, sense of Country. I am sorry, but has anyone looked at McCain? He cheated on his first wife, has umpteen kids and no one is questioning him. Why? What separates him from Obama.
Obama is too inexperienced? Maybe that is EXACTLY what this country needs. Some say inexperienced, I say just the right amount of experience. How experienced is McCain to make a last minute decision to have green green Sarah Palin as his running mate. Does that spell "e-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e".
Again, these are MY opinions, but they are strong opinions and I feel they need to be voiced. Maybe you agree,maybe you don't. Those are YOUR opinions. I will respect yours as you should respect mine. Just don't discuss them with me. :)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so much for keeping your opinion to yourself! lol! i'm so glad this election is almost over..... ugh. seems to bring out the worst in some people... wonder what we'll all argue about next?? lol
Post a Comment