I had a feeling of peace and hope today. For the first time, in a long time I feel positive that there is someone working hard for our nation, and for ME. I don't think anybody (not Republican) has probably felt THAT since the days of FDR or the Kennedy Administration. I was standing in my kitchen scrubbing the walls, and looking at my middle class home, and thinking "there is someone out there working for me". We don't have alot, BUT I don't want to lose what we have due to becoming gravely ill or something else, God Forbid. I know that this election is not a good thing for America's upper class, I know that they will lose the Bush Tax Credit, but my gosh, we ALL pay taxes. It kills a fourth of our paycheck every pay day. That is alot for us to handle. We work hard, both John and I for what we have. We are certainly not slackers, or do we want to take advantage of tax paying citizens, we are those very citizens. We just want hope. Hope that what we are working for is going to pay off for our Children. I have a Barack Obama button that I put on my bulletin board today and Sofia said...
Sofia ~ "Mommy, where is your button?"
Me~ "Mommy put it on the bulletin board--right there."
Sofia~ "who is that?"
Me~ "that is President Obama. Your President."
Sofia~"Pesient Odamo"
And I said..."Yeah"...and my eyes swelled up with tears.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
such a good post!
Post a Comment