Lulu the laptop is no more. Rest in Peace Lulu as you croaked this morning at approx. 8 am. So my day goes like this....I wake up, super early, like 6:30 am. Okay, so I wake up, check email and what not...Bring Lulu in here, plug her in...SHE'S DEAD. Um, Lulu, hello? Anyone in there? So I called Dr. Jenny (my sister, aka computer/it nerd, as in she does it for a living) and asked her to help me with CPR. So she had me run a diagnostic test, and Lulu started beeping and this red light came on...and it said...FAILED, FAILED. I am like, Oh no! Is Lulu going to explode? My Sister laughed and then...that was it...Lulu flat lined. Lulu is no more!
Well incase anyone hasn't noticed, I am Ms. Instant Gratification. All that Zen crap that talks about possessions being just possessions and not to get attached....Save that bullshit because I gotsta get on Facebook. So I threw on clothes, woke up my Momsa to keep an eye on little bit and RAN to the store. I saw the prices of the computers and got angry for a minute that we have YET to win the lottery...these computers are expensive. So I did what I NEVER do...get ready for it.....I financed it! I am a strong believer in if you can't afford to pay cash for something DON'T BUY IT, but I gotta keep my priorities straight.
So to skip to the punch line I am typing this from my brand new Pink Sony Vaio. Um, LOVE IT! I am trying to think of a name. I mean I guess this one could be Lulu too, but I feel like that is just rude when Original Lulu is still sitting on my coffee table, stiff, waiting for a proper buriel.
And btw...I also got a wild hair and bought a television for my room. Ofcourse it is John's. Lulu was John's too and you see how well that went for him.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How about Chloe? Or Emma? Those sound like pink laptop names. :)
we named her lucy. lucy laptop.
can't wait to meet her. i bet we can save Lulu too. don't give up on her yet. ;)
welcome to amber's world, lucy... good luck with that... lol! so a tv, huh?
i know, i got a freaking television? i can't afford milk, so i bought and FINANCED a flat screen! how's that for responsible???
i do wish lucy luck! i am seriously so f*d up.
la la la la, la la la la...amber's world!
Post a Comment