Monday, February 2, 2009
Names Left Out
To protect the ignorant. I recently had my eyes opened once again to how ignorant and naive some still are. One poor little ignorant soul and I were recently talking about a strong black woman. I said, "she is sooo pretty". And this person said...dead serious..."She is BLACK!" I was like OMGawww...what? I said, "Well she can still be pretty, even if she is Black". So to the point of my story, I am not racist, nor do I claim to be. It is hard for me to judge someone strictly by the color of their skin. Are they a good person? Do they contribute to the society? Do they take care of their chlidren? These are the questions I ask when I consider what kind of person someone is. I do not simply say...They are black, or they are white, Hispanic, or Chinese. Ignorant minds. This is 2009, and incase anyones eyes have been closed, we just elected a...say it with me...BLACK president. It caught me off guard to be able to say on the one hand that we have come so far as a nation, and then hear set backs like that. Lets set the record straight and unite as one person. I refuse to believe one thing just because someone said I should. I need to educate myself on a wide range of topics and then make an educated decision. I am not Republican/Democrat or Catholic/Methodist, etc. because you say I am. If I truly believe this person had done the research and came to an educated conclusion about this person, who is extremely intelligent it would be one thing. However, I believe this person is naive and has not taken the time to learn and/or educate themself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment