Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 2920


I just want to take a minute to pay my respects to my beloved Grandmother, Julia Ladell Matthews who died 8 years ago today. I am on day 2920 of her being gone, and I hope/think she would be proud of who I have become.


Dear Grandma,

Rest in peace Grandma. I continue to love you dearly, and try to live my life everyday to make you proud. I have taken in Mom and am trying to give her the best life I can. It is hard sometimes, because I just want to be the kid, someones kids (I am still Dad's kid) and I am never the kid anymore with Mom. I am the mother to my daughter, and I feel like I am the mother to yours. I thought I would fall apart when you died but you assured me, and saw to it, that I would not. If I could have only known then what a short time I would have you in my life. You knew, but I had no idea what was to become of me. You always knew you were a passing breeze, and you just wanted to set a solid foundation, and that you did. Trust that you did. I always felt like you were so hard on me, and so quick to put me in my place, but now I see it is because you knew that you only had so long to teach me all that you could teach. You would not be here forever. Well I have realized that now, and now it is time to make you proud. I know you are up there, I catch you sneaking in on me from time to time, and I sure hope you take a minute to kiss my baby girl. She knows a little something about you. Give Grandpa a kiss from his little stinker, puddentaine.

I Love you Grandma.

Love your big girl,
Amber

No comments: