Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Still Gotta PHD

How does one continue to function with limited brain function? I have really been doing the typical 2009 house wife thing lately, including planting my garden in front of the house. It is funny, I see so much of my Grandmother in me but with a hip modern twist. I feel like she set the cards in motion and now it is up to me to see them all thru and make sure they fall in the perfect place. I am thinking she was much more graceful at this than I am. I vaccuum my carpet almost religiously as in atleast 4 times a week. For some reason I feel that if I can just get all the crap off of the carpet and somewhere else and I can see the floor I am making progress. And hello, I have a dog who sheds something crazy and its hair is all up in everything. I make dinner every night. No, not from scratch but there is food on the table (coffee table) every night. I do the laundry, make the beds, attack Sofia's room here and there, wipe the dogs paws, plant some more in the garden, make our lunches, tuck Sofia in, rub Johns feet and make time for the computer all in a day. I have even thrown in a Saturday baking class. It is seriously a struggle for me to pull off everything that has to be done in a day with grace. I am definately having some short term memory loss and I notice I am usually only half mindful when completing a task. Like, an example of that would be this morning. This morning, AGAIN I took Johns keys. That would be fine if I didn't have mine too. So I got 3/4th's of the way to schol and had to turn around and take him his keys. Who does this stuff? My mind is in a constant state of panic and overload. MY ever so NOT graceful existence creeps up time and time again. So something happened today that was right up my intelectual ally. I was on my way home from school today (Sofia was over taken by her color songs on her IPOD) and I turned on Puff Daddy for the first time since I think *1996*. It was amazing I still remembered the words to almost every song. I can't remember my check card number but I can remember Puff Daddy. If it is useless information it can get me everywhere in my head. I know it like a road map. However, if it is information that may actually benefit me (BRAIN TALKING TO AMBER...THOSE ARE NOT YOUR KEYS) my brain ceases to exist and I turn into mush. I used to blame the dingyness on the Lupus, now I am just beginning to think I am plum dingy.

No comments: