Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ramblings of a Narcisist



I went Friday night with my coworkers to this total dive karoaoke bar. It was alot of fun actually, I am never really one to shy away from the spotlight, so it felt pretty natural to stand up there singing. Is that narcisistic or what?

I am feeling once again that I need to bring it back in a little. I feel like I go thru these cycles, tired, busy, happy, stressed, figured out. And it just keeps coming and going around like a circle. I should be lucky to have so much to keep me busy, but sometimes it feels hard to just stop and take a breath.

I have recently put things in order of what just has to get done all the way down to what is optional. It has helped, but also makes me kinda sad because I want to do it all!

I have to go to work, and be 100% into my work, or....well...if I am off, I am really off, and if I am on, I am really on.

I have to spend time with my family. Quality time, and lots of it.

I have to take Sofia to soccer practice, which sounds like it is about to be increased to 3 days a week, plus games on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays.

I have to stay active in Sofia's school which also includes attending St. John's on Sunday's. They have always encouraged this, but it feels like much more of an obligation since we just enrolled Sofia for Kindergarten in the fall. Looks like she will follow in our family foot steps and go to Catholic School after all. John and I just feel this is right for her.

It is harder to be my friend rather than not, and that is not a good feeling. Wish I could be everywhere all the time. Wish I could make a 4 day work week mandatory, and 32 hours in the day. I wish I wish I wish. Not that I am thinking I am making some huge gaps in the lives of others due to my absence, I just wish I could be a more present and constant factor more often. It is just not possible.

SO what else has been going on..
1) My sister got engaged
2) I darkened my hair, and love it
3) I got some new Bobbie Brown makeup today, recomended by Candice's Katy.
4) I am reading a new book on Lupus, and I am loving it

Who is still reading this blog at this point?

I am extrememly boring. I gues this is why I never blog anymore.

No comments: