Monday, December 3, 2007

White Wine and White Elephant Gifts

Red Present
Anyone who knows me knows that I am not much of a drinker these days. There is just not much appealing to me about a hangover that Advil can't cure, throwing up in the sink at 5am, and drunk dialing my Sister. Then there are those who have to put up with Drunk Amber, my Husband, Mother, Friends...you get the point. I am not sure what it is though about Christmas parties that brings out the Freak Nasty Party Girl that I have come to suppress so well. I think the last time I got bombed like a 14 year old school girl who snuck out of her parents house was at last years Christmas party, and now....last night. Let the White Wine flow...I did. It is quite strange because somewhere along the way I did a 180 degree turn from an extrovert, life of the party, I want friends...love friends, love people...please please please be my friend...to....an introvert, I don't really love people, I would prefer to NOT talk to you and I have enough friends so I don't need more. Don't mistake this new found identity for being bitchy or not liking people in general. I do still like people and definately try to be nice to everyone, but given the choice I would stay at home curled up in my bed watching Fox News rather than be out in public. So this "new me" that I am dealing with is not really that into people so I drink to calm my nerves. I swear I felt like I was having a panic attack last night from the crowds of people faking "nice" and pretending to have a good time. But amazingly enough once the White Wine kicked in all was good in the hood. I won a set of dishes in the White Elephant Gift Exchange. SCORE! They were so ugly. Who would buy this stuff? They will be going back for store credit at a not so later date. Well so be it, I survived the Christmas party. Don't have to brave another one until next year. And the white washed brain fog and headache on this White Girl...All still here at 4:00 p.m.

2 comments:

Good Golli Miss Lolli! said...

I love it when you drunk dial me once a year. Bet you wish I only did that to you once a year. Lol! Love ya.

Amber said...

it was john's company party. i so prefer fox news...lol.

i heart you too.