Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gotta Have the Skillz to Pay the Billz

health care
So I have like a gazillion dollars worth of medical bills! I swear, I have them coming out my ears. It is really quite ridiculous! Everytime I turn around, there is a new bill. I am debating what to do about insurance. Do I stay on my insurance which will be $500.00+ a month with pretty much no copays, or do I go to my BC/BS which doesn't cover as much, but is $300.00 cheaper a month. It is a tough decision. Either way I lose because it is so much money either way. There is no easy way out. Sometimes I wonder that if I just QUIT going to the doctor would I still have Lupus. I can't help but think that all the stress and worryingabout the disease, it's progress and the medical bills contribute to the flares. I mean, have Lupus, and you just pretty much added on a monthly payment that is equal to a car payment. Not to mention that alot of people with Lupus can't work, so where is the money supposed to come from to treat your condition that if you DON'T treat, you could die from. WE definately need some kind of organized universal healthcare. I am a prime example of that. Iam however, fortunate to have any coverage at all, as I know there are alot of people who have no coverage. That, I can't imagine. That is a chance I just can't afford to take.

No comments: