Life is a series of changes. It seems that we are always adjusting and readjusting to our current selves. We change but yet we remain the same. We grow, but yet we stand still. We are always inventing a newer "better" version of ourselves at all costs. Where is the balance? The peace? Where is the Zen if you will? It seems to be fleeting. One is at peace then it is gone. One feels a strong sense of Zen until that is, we forget to stop living in the moment. There is no future, there is no past. That is the premise of Zen. While that sounds promising it is not the way we are programed. Somewhere out there is the last piece to put this puzzle together. Where do you find it? At your death? In a book? Possibly in your religion? Do you find it in your spouse? Yourself? Is the place you find peace always changing? The war we wage in our heads can be challenging. It is built on past, current and possible future events. What we have experienced builds walls between us and others. Sometimes we don't see them, but they are there. There are those who may crack the wall but I am not sure if it is ever really knocked down because the wall is just too big of a part of who we are. The wall doesn't necessarily mean distance between us, it just further explains who we are. Seasons change, Friends change, trust changes, but stil we remain. An older more wise version of the person we were yesterday. And if you ask us we know the exact reason why we did what we did yesterday. We have yesterday all figured out. I was depressed, stressed, anxious, at peace, angry, scared...But were we? Or were we just another version of who we are today?
Quote of the day:
Big: I never really thought about it.
Carrie: Oh come on. Everybody wonders what happens after you die.
Big: I'm too busy wondering who's dinging my car in the garage.
Sex and the City
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha ha ha. I know. I told you it was in depth. lol.
Post a Comment