Friday, October 24, 2008

Bye Bye Juicy

My Juicy Couture Sweat Suit found a new home today.

My plan was to help Jaclyn and Heidi with the garage sale...I got inspired by how much stuff they were getting rid of and next thing you know I had John loading up the car last night at midnight. Take this, get rid of this, do I need this? No. Put it in the pile. Go thru your closet John. Who needs this frame? Not me. 50 cents. I got a little carried away, but are you ready for this......I have closet space! Well in one of my three closets anyway, but that is progress!

Did I mention I got rid of 6 pairs of shoes? So one thing I noticed I was having a very hard time parting with are my two drawers STUFFED FULL of pajamas. I love pajamas. I cannot even shut the drawers and I kid you not when I say I found not ONE pair I could get rid of.

I thought garage sales were too much work, but I am thinking I will have them now. It made me feel not as bad about getting rid of my stuff! I mean, I made $ on it, so hey???

It was actually kind of funny because Jaclyn and Heidi have all this nice stuff....I am like their ghetto friend. I was parked right out front. Barfing all of my trash over into their nice Southlake section. Welcome to the ghetto section Folks! Everything is a dollah.....take your pic. It may rip on you, but whatev...it's a dollah....you know you want it! Pay two dollars for something? What could I possibly have that you need to pay two dollars for? Well maybe the Abercrombie jacket....I actually sold that one for five!

So tomorrow we are on to day 2, and I gathered some more stuff when I got home. Say a little Prayer for me kids because Mama needs a new pair of shoes!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hads mine's last weekend...I only made about $70 and then dumped the rest that didn't sell off at goodwill. I'm seriously going to have go thru more stuff in my closet. I mean seriously why am I holding on to outfits that I wore in college. If a dollar is too much for them give it to them for less is my advice just so you dont have to take it all back and pack it away or give it away fo' free n sh**.
Jennesa

Steph said...

You are hilarious, I bet you guys had a good time doing it together!

Amber said...

jennesa~
i know...i made like 70 bucks today, but only cause i sold a tv for 50.00....i have so much crap, but honestly, i seem to almost be at a place where i can organize...which feels really good!!!!!

steph~i didn't manage to leave the garage sale without a whole mess of stuff. why???? lol.

Amber said...

mo money!
jennesa

Unknown said...

barfing your trash??? that's freakin hilarious. u didn't mention the dude that i caught cutting a hole in one of John's shirts with our scissors, just so he could get the shirt for 50cents instead of a $1. i for one am out on the garage sales. i just felt beat up! and i still had soooo much sh** left! my last one was like 7 yrs ago, so maybe in another 7 yrs??