
Okay, so this Christmas could have been better. We had Christmas morning here and then drove to Houston to my Dads house. We were having Christmas at a house with no walls due to the hurricane, and my little Doggy sister escaped. Let me back up a minute...My Dad and Debbie have two dogs...Ginger and Raisen. These two are absoultely spoiled rotton and very much a part of our family. Jenny and I call them our sisters and we mean it. They are my Dad and Debbie's pride and joy.Okay so back to the story, little Ginger escaped. I heard barking in the yard and I went out there and there were two ginormous dogs outside. One of them had Ginger in its mouth like a chew toy and the other one was pulling on her legs. I froze. I ran towards Ginger and the dog started running off with her. In a blood curdling scream I called my Dad, and ran inside. My Dad and my Brother ran out there and My brother thought Ginger was dead. These dogs were going for the kill. Ginger ran in the house when the dogs finally dropped her. I was in the back yard with my hands over my ears. My sister, her boyfriend and Debbie wrapped Ginger up in a towel, and they took her to the emergency room. It only began there. The doc said they can either put her down (that was not an option) or they could perform a surgery that was an upward of 2500 dollars. So we opted for the surgery, putting her down was never an option. They could not promise she would even make it thru the surgery. So she had a few close calls but made it thru. Now she is recovering at home, after two days of being in the hospital, and having to be transferred back and forth to the hospital. No vet has promised she will make it. She can have complications from her surgery and who knows where that will go. I know in my heart she will be okay. I know she will. But please say a prayer for her. We love her so very much, and would be absolutely devastated if anything happened to her.
1 comment:
:(
Post a Comment