Monday, December 15, 2008
What A Snot!
Yes, my nose. Who did you think I was talking about? I am in a big hurry to do nothing this week, and I gotta say it feels good. I am at such a different place than I was a year ago. And don't it feel good. I have almost forgot that I have lupus. I mean, yeah, it's here, and yeah, it sucks, but it is nothing like it was last year at this time. I was sick! Yes, I was. Very sick. I don't want it to take over my brain but when I am sick, it is all too consuming. This hurts, that hurts, blah, blah, blah. I get endless sympathy, still to this day..."You were so sick"....Not today though. I am just feeling 200 times better. I have been talking to God alot lately, and having an inner "come to Jesus" if you will. I have made new friends, I have become completely emerged in my Daughter, and I have to say, I can't really say when the last time I was depressed. The inner peace that comes with the realization that I am feeling just by being who I am and being happy with that decision is almost nirvana. I am almost too busy to hear myself think, and I gotta say it is a good feeling. Why I still enjoy my me time, and spending time with all of my personalities, I also enjoy being well enough to enjoy being busy enough to watch my head explode. Last year it didn't matter if I WANTED to go to the store or not, or if I WANTED to go out, etc. etc. etc. the truth is I really physically couldn't so wanting it wasn't even an option. But enough about that, 2009 is going to be a great year. I am trying to finish my Christmas shopping. I have been asking around what others do for Christmas for their kids. I hear their answers, but although I know I am completely out of control, I still buy Sofia the world. The truth is the kid is not spoiled. Atleast, she doesn't act like she is, but she really is not spoiled. So doing things for her is so fun. She appreciates it, and really means it. When I was a kid I used to fall asleep under the Christmas Tree (and yes, I was a spolied brat!) I would have so many presents to open. Christmas was the be all and end all of everything. I want that for Sofia too. I want her to have sooo many presents that she suffers from sheer exhaustion by the time she is finished opening them. So that is my goal...and my mission is about half accomplished. I also got my Christmas Cards out today, and well, that is one more thing down. Life is sweet, and is only getting sweeter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm the same way about Rylee and Christmas. I was (and honestly still am) very spoiled when it came to Christmas. I remember most of my friends getting 5 or 6 things and I was naming off like 30 -- or more. My parents have always made Christmas a REALLY big deal and they still do. I'm the same way. I promised myself that I would not go overboard this year for Rylee because we are taking her skiing in a month and I'm still over here piling onto the list of things I am getting or have gotten. There's just something about seeing their faces when they open gifts that you put thought into. I go overboard with Rodney too -- but it's because he really deserves it. He works really hard and helps me out so much when it comes to all that we do around here and never asks for anything!
Anyway, I feel you on the Christmas front.
Also, I am glad you are feeling better too. And that because you were running late on picture day... we are good friends and that our daughter's love each other. And even our husbands get along.
xoxo
I am glad I was running late on picture day too. I am glad that you were subbing for Ms. Karen. I am glad that we click so well. And I am glad that we just fell right into place so perfectly, our families included. I am glad that you are my friend.
XOXO
Post a Comment