Friday, March 13, 2009

Maturity

It is a rainy Friday afternoon. I need to get out and do a few things, but I seriously may just stay home, do laundry, and maybe watch a movie with my baby girl. So I was thinking...deep thinking...lol. What defines "maturity". Like, I honestly think I am more mature than I was when I was 28, but feel that I am nowhere near as mature as I will be at 34. Am I to say I am more mature than you are because you are younger than 32...you get the point. Life's roads and curve balls are a definate sign of how mature one has become, as well as their general age that these curve balls were thrown. Chances are those with an easier life growing up, etc. are less mature. Those who chose to ignore the lessons life has tried to teach them are less mature. Decision making, and how you choose to make decisions definately constitute how much you have "grown" or your maturity. I like to think of myself as a work in progress. Just when I think I have REALLY walked away with a good lesson, I have to learn it all over again. There are a few experiences I have not repeated, but for the most part, the habits that are easy to fall back into, I have indeed done so every time.

No comments: