Monday, April 27, 2009

Writers Block

I am feeling like my writers block may have temporarily subsided. I was going to delve into my Childhood, feeling inspired by Candice. But the truth is, there is not that much to tell. I had a pretty normal childhood. My Mom was my room mother, I was in dance, gymnastics, drill team, soccer, I even received a Montessori Education. I remember riding my bike to school, and all over the neighborhood for that matter. Playing outside until the street lights came on, swimming alot in my pool, playing with Jennesa and my neighborhood friends, and seriously, she would stay the night with me all weekened every weekend and all summers. She will get her own blog in the near future.

Alot of weekends were spent at my Grandmothers and we would shop and go to Church. I remember my Grandpa alot from my early years. He died when I was 10. He would sit there at the kitchen table and smoke his pipe while Grandma and I would get ready to go shop. I always used to ask him...Grandpa, what's your name? He would say...Puddentaine, ask me again and I'll tell you the same. I thought that was so funny and this would go on and on and on. I would just giggle and giggle thinking my Grandpa was a pretty alright guy.

We spent every Christmas and Easter on the farm at my Grandma Vacek's house. With all my Catholic Czech cousins, we would say our Easter prayer in Czech. I was an only Child, so there was no competing with siblings for attention. Dad has 3 brothers and 2 sisters.

Now I did see things that I never should have seen, noone is doubting that. My Mom was sick my whole life. I saw her cry, alot, and she did things I am assuming were due to her illness, but this is not the time or place to write any of that. It got to be that going to visit her in the hospital was just staus quo. I only remember a few times of this happening, but my Dad just kicked it into high gear and took care of me and worked over 40 hours a week.

He never would have left her, so it is sad to think that she left him. To think that she would do better than MY DAD. Besides John, the most amazing and strongest person that I know. Once they divorced my world turned upside down, but I like to think that even thru the hard times I always knew that this was just something that I had to get thru.

I knew I was better than what was going on in my life at the time, and I knew that I would have better. Although Iwas mad about decisions that my Dad was making in regards to me I felt empathy for him. I saw what he was going thru and how him and his wife were trying to blend their lives and their families. It was hard for me because I felt like I was always pushed on the back burner, and everything else was always more important, but I did feel for them. But truth be told, I was just a teenage Daddy's girl who wanted and needed her Daddy's attention. In time, I did set out to do all that I accomplished. They are still married as well, noone was killed, so we all win. And we actually all really like eachother, even love eachother.

I like to say my life is broken into about 5 segments. Childhood (My Mom was there), Junior high (It was just my Dad and I), Highschool (Dad was remarried), College and Post college (Lots of learning lessons, but lots of rewards as well), and John (Bliss, and my reward for getting thru the rest of the blah). All of these experiences have taught me lots and lots of things about myself, and they have all been very different. But I do feel that I have come full circle. And we are all better people from what we have been thru in our lives.

Ele quote: I will never be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on at life. Life is meant to be lived, and curiosity is meant to be peaked. You must always do the thing you think you cannot do. <--- One of my fav. quotes, and it is memorized.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Berryhill) Morand said...

That's a great post Amber. Funny, my family is Czech too. My granparents died when I was pregnant with Kailey but my aunt kept their farm in the big town of Snook, TX. People that aren't Czech don't know what real kolaches are either. I remember my great-grandmother making prune kolaches. Everyone thinks I'm weird because I still eat them.