
I woke up with a huge smile on my face today. One year ago today I was so sick I barely made it out of bed, I could barely walk, and I was over tired. We are coming up on a year ago that I was my very sickest. I went in the hospital right Around April 27th, so at this time I was extremely sick. However, today I was overjoyed because I was celebrating a year of health. We take our health for granted and one can not truly experience what I mean unless they have lost it. Today I got to be the Mom that Sofia deserves. Thank you God for that gift. Sofia got three shots today. My heart broke for her as she screamed loudly three different times as she got her shots. I wanted to take her pain, but I couldn't, so I just laid over her and talked to her, and held her hand. My face in her face to shield her from looking down at her legs. Telling her it would be over shortly. I ache that I can't save her from everything. That one day she will get her heart broke and that Mommy and Daddy won't be able to fix it. It will be the day she realizes the world is not perfect. Daddy came thru for her and brought her home two movies from Target. A complete surprise to her. Daddy is our hero. He is the glue that holds Sofia and I together. Truth be told I silently gasp every time he walks out the front door hoping and praying that he comes back home safely. I worry about my little world and keeping it all glued together. Seems to perfect, seems like it could just fall apart at the seams if not held with extra caution. I love everything my life has to offer. I even look forward to the vacuuming and making dinner, although if I didn't act a little high maitenance in this area I would not be me. Little things that seem so trivial mean so much to me. I love taking care of my family, and every day I reap the rewards for that. What I put out there I seem to get back triple.
1 comment:
yeah for healthy Amber!! Boo on Lupus..... love you!
Post a Comment