Friday, June 12, 2009

Are we all just venting?

Or are we two faced? I recall a time where we were all about 16 and in the brinks of immaturity. We would talk to our friends about another friend, and talk about their friends to them. We never dared call it gossip, but we never wanted to be known as the friend that was two faced. So now here we sit 20 years later. Our friends still piss us off from time to time but yet we have come to know from lessons we have learned that being two faced does not win or keep friends. So now we simply talk to our husbands or confide in a friend that we think or atleast hope will hold all of our secrets. We are not talking BAD about the other person 20 years later, we are simply....venting? Meshing different people, different peoples guidelines and thoughts, beliefs, and morals together can always lead to chaos. Someone gets hurt, someone gets mad, someone feels left out. It is all really harder than it should ever be. Can't we all just get along? I have so many types of friendships in my life and some are very easy and some are almost too hard. Are the hard ones worth fighting for or should I let them blow away? Should I be thankful for the easy friendships? Should the easy friendships make me question the harder ones? There are so many answers and I am not sure if there is a right answer to any of this. There is one particular relationship in my life where I think I am very good friends with both of them. They are friends with eachother as well and on most days I am okay with that. Then there are the days I know I am the topic of discussion and that drives me nuts. But at the same time I have spoken with each of them about the other and it seems between this three way tie we are always all fighting to hold our place in the relationship. For whatever reason, none of us willing are to let go of the other. It makes for quite the tangled web. I know it may sound like I am ranting but I am simply trying to figure this out in my own head, and since you read my blog, you get to know my virtual thoughts.

No comments: