Sigh…I love my online Journal/blog. It is like my little corner of the earth where I can just about say whatever, feel whatever, and disable blog comments if I don’t want any repercussions from what I write. I am once again sitting at work blogging on the clock. Honestly I don’t feel guilty for it. My employer definitely gets the 40 hours I am expected to work. Case work is so challenging and one really has to be called into this field to truly enjoy it. The rewards are minimal, and there is always more to do and usually never a budget to do it on. The needs that the people in this country have are numerous. The resources are small. There are those that it is easy to say……..”get a job”, but there are those that will never be capable of that, and it is our responsibility as a nation to take care of. The mentally ill, the physically ill, the children. We hardly ever see the mentally retarded. They mostly spend their days at day habs where there quality of life is far from perfect. Government programs are constantly being cut or revamped and it is America’s challenged that pay for it. It is sad, and disappointing. It is easy to lose faith in the system. So the jist of that is I am one person living to make a difference. Trying to live like what I do makes a difference in someone’s life. The fact that I am working with kids right now just makes it that much sweeter. Children are so sweet and untainted by this world. I love their innocence. It reminds me of sweeter times. People often tell me how big of a heart that I have. I consider it more of a civic duty. Paying it forward. And, scene....
Be the change you wish to see in the world
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment