Sunday, April 3, 2011

I am drawn to powerful women



On another note, Sofia and I planted a FEW flowers in the front flower box this weekend.......and they are pretty darn cute. Is it too soon to safely say.......spring is here? :)

So back to my title, There is something about Eleanor Roosevelt, Mother Teresa, Jackie O, Barbara and Laura Bush, Michele Obama....They just draw me in. And yes, I do realize that all but one is a first lady. A few quotes I love....

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
Eleanor Roosevelt

In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.
Eleanor Roosevelt

It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
Eleanor Roosevelt

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
Eleanor Roosevelt

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'
Eleanor Roosevelt

Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
Mother Teresa

I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?
Mother Teresa

The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.
Mother Teresa

When I have a really bad day, or need encouragement one of these quotes seems to always pop in my head. They are really so super encouraging. Bookmark this blog and try it sometime when you are having a bad day. I bet you will feel awesome.

THis weekend was another great one. The ONLY issue I have with the weekends when we don't have something going on is that I get bored. Which would be fine if I felt like John was bored and wanted to get out of the house. Not the case. He likes to just chill, I like to run around and be "productive". Not a good combo, because I also like to spend time with him. THen we go into.....I feel like I am being too pushy because he just wants to relax and I want him in a mad dash all over the neighborhood.

When I talked to my awesome therapist on Friday she referenced a text I sent her that said "Maybe I need a book on how not to be a scatter brain"....while I was being funny, there was some truth to it. She mentioned that maybe I have ADD. I kinda chuckled at that but it has been in the back of my mind for a while. She referred me to a doc that specializes in this, so while the irritable side of me says it is just one more thing to commit to, the intrigued side wants to know if he might could diagnose this for me. I am calling him this week. I do feel all over the place all the time. I think it contributes to my stress as a whole. I can't get anywhere on time, I have no time management, (I think I just said that), I start doing one thing and end up doing fifty others that are not at all related to the first thing I started out doing........awww ADD. Would that be my magical cure? And why can't I ever remember which button turns on which light or television set in this house. Urgh. Frustrating.

No comments: