Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pop Culture Has Come Full Circle



Well it is still HOTTT as heck outside. This is ridiculous. It just seems like this heat is endless. Today Sofia and I went and ate lunch at Chik Fia A and then I took her to see Kung Fu Panda. It was cute!!! I really liked it. However, I think it was a bit scarry for Sofia, as she is not yet fully understanding Zen and Buddhism, Peace and Prosperity and Dragons and Tigers with yellow eyes, etc. I guess to the untrained eye or 3 year old eye for that matter it can be a bit scarry. However, that Panda was pretty darn cute! Sofia ran up and down the aisles, thru the aisles, she said Hi to some random kids in the theatre, ran up some more aisles, I want my Sprite, I want to go potty, Down the aisle, sat on the side of my seat like a parrot on my shoulder....OMG. Just sit still, please. Sit still and I will get you a sprite after the movie. But I wanna go home, I gotta potty.......Needless to say, I think she is still a bit young for movies that are not Strawberry Shortcake or Blues Clues.

So now I have Sofia watching Blues Clues and I am trying to unwind here in front of the computer. Spewing my thoughts for all of the internet to see. We have been moving and moving and moving. We have made great progress, but Good God I am ready tobe done. I have even disciplined myself very well and not gone crazy buying stuff for this apartment and I am STILL finding myself withso much stuff. I am just ready to be all moved and have this over with.

So I received a bit of bad news yesterday. BCBS just dropped my health insurance coverage due to the fact that I have Lupus. I cannot believe they can get away with that, but they sure can. They can drop anyone at any time for any reason. It is the small print you don't see in the contract. Well I obviously cannot go without health insurace so I am finding myself in a little bind with this one. I am exploring my options (like going back to work full time for coverage--YUCK!) so we will have to see what's up. It is extremely frustrating. I certainly did not ask for Lupus or all the crap that comes along with it. Not only do I have it....I do not even have a way to "pay for it" should I get sick. I can only pray that I don't flare up while I am lapsed in coverage. This is not a good feeling at all.

Sofia is out of school for two weeks and pretty bored here at home. I have been trying to find stuff to do with her to keep her occupied but it is hard. Monday we went to Snuffers at Town Square and ate lunch, and yesterday we went to Walmart and to drop Mia some food off at Jaclyn's. Then we came home and packed and packed some more. It is sure hard to keep a 3 year old with a 5 minute max attention span entertained for any length of time. I am trying to be creative, but I am low on ideas.

I think tomorrow we will go swimming for a little while, maybe. I am half tempted to have my Mom come watch her and have a Me day and go to the Theatre by myself and catch up on some chic flicks. That sounds pretty appealing at this point. We will see what happens.

Sofia is starting to request Madonna songs in the car. Pop Culture has come full circle. The 4 Minutes song with JT...Sofia says...Who is that...Is that Da-Donna. I kinda chuckled and told her it was. Then today "Material Girl" came on and she said (and I have NEVER told her that song is by Masonna) Is that Da-Donna. I am like...oh my gawwwddd....she already knows the sound of Madonnas voice. I am soooo proud.

Sofi is also becoming a big fan of Barbie which makes Aunt Jennesa VERY proud. Everything she sees that is Barbie, she WANTS! We are shopping for lunch boxes for school and i want to get her this really cute one with her name embroidered on it but she insists on Barbie. She is turning into such a big girl and more of a Diva everyday.

I am so glad I procreated this little Dumpling.

Well I know this is a boring blog, but whatever. You know you love me, and you love to read ALL my blogs...even the boring ones.

2 comments:

Pat R said...

still gotta see Kung Fu Panda... Jack Black is classic for sure

Amber said...

Kung Fu Panda was pretty cute, I must say!