Friday, February 6, 2009

For Candice

Candice has to work tomorow and needs to get caught up on blogs, so Candice this is for you! My dog has gas tonight something crazy. I have no idea why. I don't THINK it is the brown rice she ate earlier, but it could be. So today was fun. We had Girlfriends this morning then went to Central Market for lunch. Girlfriends is where a group of girls from our church get together every other Friday and just--talk. It rocks! It is a reaaaaaly nice change of pace. I haven't made a full commitment to the church....yet, but I haven't missed a Girlfriends since September! (Except one for Dana's wedding, but that's it)

So this morning I did something kinda cool. I just called my Dad and told him how much I love him. For no reason. No holiday, nothing, just wanted him to know. I have been catching up with alot of people on Facebook that have lost their Dads and my heart is heavy for them. I don't want to experience that. I know that I will someday, but I can't fathom it. I just told my Dad how much I love him, and that I hope he is proud of me because all that I am is because of him. And it is. He told me he is proud of me and that sometimes he talks to the men that he works with and they all talk about how their kids have gone off track and that he is so thankful that I have gone in the right direction. I thought that was soooo sweet. We were both teary eyed when we hung up the phone.

Well there is not much else going on. Sofia ate all of her dinner tonight. I thought I could fall off the couch. She ate chicken, green beans and brown rice. I am not sure why she is eating so much more lately, but I am happy. I think she must be having a growth spurt.

Tomorrow I am taking a trip down memory lane. I am meeting my old roommate and some old friends from SFA for lunch. It is going to be really weird, but weird in a good way. I was waaay close with these girls at one time. Gotta love Facebook.

Have a great weekend Friends!
XOXO

No comments: