Monday, March 9, 2009
Enlightened
So I just got home from the doctor. I just can't say enough about him. He really cares about his patients, and shows it. I can see how all jobs have burn out, and I can see how doctor's want to say sometimes...okay, okay, I know you are hurting, suck it up. I mean seriously, to care so much about your patients day in and out and not throw up the hard burned out exterior is amazing. So I went in today and basically said...I am tired. My joints hurt, I am finding myself in bed more and more and more. I have a sinus infection...again, and I am whipped. He looked me over listened to what I had to say, talked over my Meds with me...and said, basically, that I am in the beginning of a flare. It enlightened me to hear that I am in the beginning of a flare because I can pin point where it is coming from. The chronic sinus infections I have been having are compromising my already compromised immune system...leading to a flare. The achy joints and fatigue are coming second to the sinus infections. This may sound kinda...duh, but for me it is awesome to know that this type of stuff is where the flares come from, and more than likely they are not just popping up out of nowhere. So lots of Vitamin C for me daily, and other immuno boosting supplements, and plenty of rest. As long as I take really good care of myself and not run y body down, as far as I am concerned I will not have a Lupus flare. It is so refreshing to know that! Also, I am not "in a flare" yet.also, good to know. My blod work was awesome, he could just tell by my elevated CRP and what I was telling him. He said the signs of a Lupus flare are past history, current symtoms and medication. It is all making more sense to me now, and I could not feel more relieved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment