Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Organic Happiness



Amber, age 14. How funy is that? I thought I had life so figured out at that point in my life. Well I didn't then, and I don't now.......I am not sure we ever figure out life...I think one day we just kinda go into over drive and try to find a way to make it all make sense. Just a little Amberism for the day.

John is reading a book to Sofia right now. He is reading her a Cookie Monster book and sounding out the book like he is infact Cookie Monster. I love to listen to him with her. I love these small things that are biger than the planet earth, and I have GOT to remember them when I start wondering what I am doing all the running around for. It is such a constant conscious effort for me to feel like I am not spinning. Truth be told, I could AND HAVE just spin and spin and spin. Spin myself right into a nervous breakdown. I am so naturaly spun up that is becomes obnoxious.

I have found that going to Church helps me keep life in perspective. Also, taking a Friday night with just my family, and relaxing here and there. Even going to get a pedicure feels like work to me. It isn't naturally relaxing. It is like I am driving somewhere to have 45 minutes at most of relaxing and then........back to the real world. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pedicure but nothing beats organic happiness. Just finding the happiness in absolutely nothing.

It is so hard to do.........especially for me, but I think I can safely branch out and say, I may finally be learning the definition of being happy. Happiness is not the destination....it is the journey.

No comments: